Sink your teeth into the most valuable content. Follow the best influencers in the recruiting industry to keep up with the latest trends. To help you avoid the hassle of identifying the thought 10 leaders who are really worth following, we’ve compiled a list of top 10 recruiting marketing gurus.
1. Jim Stroud
- The producer of the ‘It's All Recruiting’ Podcast.
- The creator of Youtube channel ‘Jim Stroud Show’.
- The author of 5 HR-related books, including “Content Is The New Sourcing: Strategies for Attracting and Engaging Passive Candidates”, “Retention is the New Recruiting: Strategies for Keeping the People You Hire”, “Musings of Man and Machine: How Robots and Automation Will Change Recruitment”, and “Resume Forensics: How to Find Free Resumes and Passive Candidates on Google”.
- He has consulted Microsoft, Google, MCI, Siemens, etc.
Extensive expertise in: Social Recruiting, job search strategy, public speaking, lead generation, video production, podcasting, competitive intelligence, online community management, and training
Quoted by: Globe and Mail, US News and World Report, Wall Street Journal, The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, Monster.com, Entrepreneur Magazine, Black Enterprise, and The HR Examiner.
From: Atlanta, Georgia.
Education: GA State University
Current job: Global Head of Sourcing and Recruiting Strategy at Randstad Sourceright since 2014
- Blog: http://www.jimstroud.com/
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimstroud
- Twitter https://twitter.com/jimstroud
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thejimstroudshow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/jimstroud1
2. Willian Tincup
- Head of the number-one source of HR news on the net, RecruitingDaily.
- Over 1000 podcasts and over 200 HR articles to his credit.
- His Twitter is a great mix of interesting news shares and humorous takes on the pain points of HR.
- He has spoken at over 150 HR and recruiting conferences.
- He has been recognized as one of the most influential HR leaders in the world by a lot of internationally renowned websites.
- co-hosts a daily HR podcast called DriveThruHR (www.drivethruhr.com)
- a contributing author for Fistful of Talent (www.fistfuloftalent.com)
Expertise in: Recruiting, HR technology adoption, marketing, social media application for human resources.
Quoted by: BBC, Observer, Business Standard, etc.
Education: the University of Alabama of Birmingham with a BA in Art History. He also earned an MA in American Indian Studies from the University of Arizona and an MBA from Case Western Reserve University.
Current job: Runs Tincup & Co, a firm that helps HR teams see things clearly. Also, he serves on the Board of Advisors / Board of Directors for 20 HR technology startups.
- Twitter @williamtincup
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/tincup/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/tincup
3. Mitch Sullivan
- he set up Fast Track Recruitment website in 2009
- has been in recruitment for 30 years
- The author of ‘On Recruitment’
- He is entertaining, informative, funny, and honest. He lays bare an industry that is in need of improvement and offers solutions, cutting through the fluff and guff.
Extensive expertise in: recruitment advertising, recruitment marketing, recruitment copywriting, coaching.
From: London, UK
Current job: FT Recruitment Ltd. Runs several training courses.
- Websites: www.fasttrackrecruitment.com and recruitmentmentor.com
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/mitchsullivan
- Twitter https://twitter.com/mitchsullivan
4. Katrina Collier
The founder of The Searchologist
The author of The Robot Proof Recruiter book and the Mastermind Certification, a unique certification for HR & recruiters wanting to future-proof their careers.
A design-thinking facilitator improving the recruitment experience for HR, recruiters, hiring managers and candidates.
Global HR & recruitment keynote speaker.
She has in-depth knowledge of the impact of poor candidate experience on employer brand & talent acquisition and what to do about it.
Host of The Hiring Partner Perspective (Unedited) Podcast
Extensive expertise: 18 years of recruitment industry experience
Quoted & Published by: Kogan Page, HRReview, SHRM, The Staffing Stream, and Cambridge University’s Strategies for Success.
From: London, UK (Aussie Brit)
Current job: Author, Speaker & Facilitator at The Searchologist, Ambassador for Hope for Justice charity
5. Maren Hogan
- Chief Marketing Brain of @RedBranch Media
- She is a professional social butterfly and a stand-up comedian!
- a seasoned marketer, writer and business builder in the HR and Recruiting industry
Extensive expertise in: Social Media Recruiting, Marketing Strategy, Business to Business Marketing, Content Development, Social Media, Digital Advertising, Web Development, Marketing Automation, Thought Leadership, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Email Marketing, and Kicking Butt.
Quoted / Published by: HRExaminer.com, Recruiter.com, Inc.com, LinkedIn, Fast Company, Forbes, Entrepreneur and the Glassdoor and Peoplefluent blogs, and Inc.com
From: Omaha, NE
Current job: a CMO for SMBs for hire in her own right
- Websites: www.redbranchmedia.com and www.marenated.com
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/marenhogan
- Twitter https://twitter.com/marenhogan
- Facebook facebook.com/marenhogan
6. Hung Lee
- The editor of leading industry newsletter Recruiting Brainfood
- The founder of an award-winning WorkShape.io, a talent matching platform for companies looking to hire software engineers
- his international travels are a thing of legend in the recruitment industry
- Co-host of the Tell Me I’m Wrong show with Stephen O’Donnell (recruiter.zone/allshows/tell-me-im-wrong/)
Extensive expertise in: Tech Recruiting, recruiting management, talent acquisition.
Quoted / Published by: medium.com
From: London, UK
Education: Management, Economics & Politics at the University of St Andrews.
Social Anthropology in University of St Andrews
Current job: Co-Founder/CEO at Workshape.io. Working with Moo, Transferwise, Intuit, Shazam, Osper, Reevoo, Qubit, Qriously, Forward Partners, and many others.
- Website: recruitingbrainfood.com/
- LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/hunglee/
- Twitter twitter.com/hunglee
- Facebook facebook.com/hunglee888
7. Alison Green
- The creator of Ask a Manager site, which was recognized as Forbes’ Most Influential Careers Site and gets 3 million visits each month.
- The author of “Ask a Manager: How to Navigate Clueless Colleagues, Lunch-Stealing Bosses, and the Rest of Your Life at Work”.
Extensive expertise in: all aspects of management and hiring!
Quoted / Published by: Cited by USA Today, Buzzfeed, and many others.
From: Arlington, Virginia.
Current job: She writes the Ask a Manager website + weekly columns for New York Magazine, Slate, and Inc.; a monthly column for VICE.
- Blog: askamanager.org
- LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/alisongreen5
- Twitter twitter.com/AskAManager
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/askamanager
8. Ben Gledhill
- His job mainly involves using Recruitment Marketing to help the recruiting team with “candidate vacancy hot spots.”
- He was Head of Talent Acquisition at Yodel Delivery Network Ltd.
- He has revolutionized driver recruitment and candidate experience via ChatBots. One month after the chatbots were introduced, Yodel saw a 38% reduction in average time to hire and 97% of candidates rated their experience as highly positive. This benefit is still being seen six months after launch, with candidate feedback indicating a net promoter score that ranges between 95-98.
Extensive expertise in: Direct Sourcing, Talent Acquisition, Relationship Development, Candidate Assessment, Resource Allocation, Recruitment Advertising, Candidate Selection, Supplier Management, Assessment Centres, Social Media, Job Analysis, Contract Recruitment, Onboarding, Stakeholder Management, Resourcing Strategy, Sourcing, Assessment Center, Interviews, Recruiting, Management, Talent Management, Executive Search, Temporary Staffing, Screening Resumes, Technical Recruiting.
From: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business @ The Manchester Metropolitan University
Current job: Interim Head of Resourcing Transformation at Thames Water
9. Chad Sowash
- Co-hosts HR’s Most Dangerous Podcast
- cut his teeth in online recruiting in ’98 with Online Career Center, the precursor of Monster.com
- helped build DirectEmployers from the ground up.
- steered RecruitMilitary toward revenue as CXO.
- built Randstad’s very first military veteran hiring program.
Extensive expertise: Military Veteran, Business Leadership, Enterprise Sales, GTM Strategy, & Marketing.
Quoted by: NBC Nightly News, CNN American Morning, and NPR Weekend Edition
From: Columbus, Indiana
Current job: a Principal Partner at Catch 22 Consulting.
10. Adam Posner
- Adam spent 15 years in the marketing industry before pivoting into recruiting
- Hosts thePOZcast.com
- Founded NHP Talent Group
- Subscribers can learn about recruiting marketing from creative & digital perspective
Extensive expertise: Creative & Digital Marketing Recruiter
Current jobs: NHP Talent Group, Loeb.nyc, www.thePOZcast.com
- Podcast site www.thePOZcast.com
- LinkedIn linkedin.com/in/adamjposner/
- Twitter twitter.com/AdamJPosner
- Website nhptalentgroup.com
Each person from this round-up is a true luminary of the recruiting industry well versed in all things HR. By following them, you will uncover the plethora of awesome insights. Need more? Have a look at GetApp’s list of recruiting experts lab.getapp.com/recruitment-experts-influencers-twitter/