Sometimes getting through the workday can be – to put it mildly - a challenge. Every day of the workweek has its unique set of mental hurdles. As the week slogs along, motivation levels gradually fall, and even the most lively souls begin to lose steam.
Approaching deadlines, piling paperwork, and a seemingly endless list of tasks – there’s just so much to do, so little time. It’s moments like these that something must be done to lift spirits, destress and calm those overwhelming nerves. It’s moments like these that call for some good quotes!
Our Favorite Quotes About the Workplace
Words can be powerful things. When chosen wisely, they can change a person’s entire mood!
So we’ve gathered a list of some great quotes on workplace encouragement for you to choose from to boost motivation. Give office morale a leg up with these inspiring words of encouragement:
- Leaders can let you fail and yet not let you be a failure. —Stanley McChrystal
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. —Stephen Hawking
- You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction. —George Lorimer
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships. —Michael Jordan
- Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. —Judy Garland
- When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. —Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you’re willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it. —Lou Holtz
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. —Seneca
- The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. —Dr. Robert Schuller
- There is only one way to avoid criticism. Do nothing. Be nothing. Say nothing. —Aristotle
- The best way out is always through. —Robert Frost
- It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. — Muhammad Ali
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. —Thomas Edison
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. —John Muir
- When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it; it simply means I can’t do it with them. —Karen E. Quinones Miller
- Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. —Truman Capote
- You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. —Jack London
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves. —Chanakya
- I have been bent and broken but – I hope – into a better shape. ―Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
- If you light a lamp for someone else, it will also brighten your path. —Buddha
- Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you. ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
- Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. — Nikola Tesla
- Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it. In my day, I was told women didn’t go into chemistry. I saw no reason why we couldn’t. — Gertrude B. Elion, Biochemist and Nobel Prize Winner
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. — Confucius, Confucius: The Analects
- The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work. —Richard Bach
- Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. —Robert Collier
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. —Will Rogers
How to Use These Workplace Quotes
Do you feel that can-do attitude being jolted back to life yet? There are a number of ways you could spread the message of positivity to your colleagues and employees:
- Spice up those routine board meetings with a quote on the final slide of that mundane presentation.
- Set up a group chat to share your quote of the day in meme form. You could even make it a group activity and have everyone take turns to find and post a great workplace quote to start the day.
- Close a group email with a new quote to brighten up the mood
- Make a printed sign with the quote in large and colorful font and stick it up in a visible location near the entrance or in the lobby.
Jobs are a mixture of monotony and overload. There will be times when it feels repetitive and boring, other times when there’s so much going on you will barely get a chance to catch a break. Perhaps your team is scrambling to meet deadlines, or you’ve missed them entirely and are dealing with the ramifications.
Bosses may be breathing down your necks and demanding results. Colleagues might be annoying or just plain incompetent. Maybe it’s the isolation everyone feels from remote working, and those technical difficulties don’t help alleviate the situation either!
It can all be a pretty stressful atmosphere, causing employees to disengage from their work, and when left unchecked, it could lead to them considering resignation. Finding little ways to give them extra support and showing you value their contribution and care about their mental well-being could just be all they need to revitalize their mindset.
If you liked this article, find more like it on Talenteria! To foster an inspiring workplace of your own, try out our top recruitment marketing platform - the #1 tools recruiters use to facilitate a smooth candidate journey. Take the weight off your shoulders with the power of automation!